Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Fallen Online. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Chief moderator dannynomates here. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as contacting us, entering our free prize draws, searching, viewing member lists, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

[Mod's note, grossly offensive photo of me removed. I don't know what I was thinking.]

Dan

Click here to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Brix and the Extricated at The Thekla, Bristol; 9th Novemeber 2017
Topic Started: Jan 6 2018, 08:36:04 AM (523 Views)
Peter de Meat Eater
Member Avatar

Brix and The Extricated on board The Thekla, Bristol.

This was the 2nd time I'd seen them; the first being 2 years ago.

They were good then but excellent this time 'round. I'd encouraged several not-as-fanatical-as-me fans of The Fall and was pleased to see they also enjoyed it.

The new material slotted seamlessly in with the classics although I'm still not sure about Brix's vocals in 'Totally Wired'.

No Bananaramas; not even the 2 from Bristol who went to school with mu mate Geoff.

If I could play guitar and I owned one like Brix's white Rickenbacker I'd play it all the time.

Nice to see GFR from the FoF.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Greasy Roads
Member Avatar
Country Member
I was at this one, fucking brilliant gig. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not completely convinced by the LP but they absolutely blew me away live. US 80s 90s was the highlight. Fantastic in particular to see Steve Hanley who's a fucking legend play again, but they're all great.

And always a pleasure to see Peter de Meat Eater. :)
Happy days!

Peter de Meat Eater
Member Avatar

http://wearecult.rocks/brix-and-the-extricated-exclusive-interview-review

Interview and gig review here.

Hexen Voxish
Member Avatar

Eh up, nice to see Brix getting good reviews

Greasy Roads
Member Avatar
Country Member
Hexen Hour
Apr 15 2018, 12:26:44 AM
Eh up, nice to see Brix getting good reviews
They're brilliant live and I suspect some people may be put off seeing them by the LP which doesn't quite convey how good they are.
Happy days!

« Previous Topic · Fallen Reviews · Next Topic »
Add Reply