View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Famous People You Have Met ; Who be they?

Post #1 - 11 Sep 2019, 18:42

I have a few, but yesterday I was chatting to a good friend at work, Sam originally from Kenya. I was telling him about my time in Kenya when I was the Scottish Director of a charity working there as barman for a bunch of mercenaries. I recalled that in 1999 soon after I arrived on a visit I met the President of Kenya, Daniel Arap Moi. He had heard that I was coming and had asked to meet me, which we did in his offices in Nairobi. He asked about Scotland and the UK and the meeting concluded with a prayer (said by the padre) asking God to bless my visit. Moi was a fucking God-botherer.

Sam told me that Moi later lost favour with the Kenyan people due to allegations that he was favouring the people of his own tribe. A common occurrence in Kenya he said.
Right Said Fred
Members

Post #2 - 11 Sep 2019, 18:43

Right Said Fred ยป Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:42 pm wrote:Sam told me that Moi later lost favour with the Kenyan people due to allegations that he was favouring the people of his own tribe. A common occurrence in Kenya he said.

Sounds like Glasgow.
Gruff
Members

Post #3 - 11 Sep 2019, 22:26

I met Ronald McDonald in 1974 aged 10. He was going through his Diamond Dogs era. :heart:

Kleenex Cesarewitch
Luvs Pies

Post #4 - 12 Sep 2019, 06:51

I was once lucky enough to meet the president. He let me take a photograph. :)
Dr Ron Jock
Members

Making America great again.

Post #5 - 12 Sep 2019, 10:24

As a reclusive deeply religious person, I've been privileged to meet several fine upstanding celebrities.

There was Jimmy Savile, Gary Glitter, Rolf Harris (he was amusing), Stuart Hall, Max Clifford, Jonathan King (in my formative years), Noel Edmunds, Fred Talbot....to name but a few.

I wasn't allowed the photo shoot, but our cardinal was.
Priory Jack
Members

Post #6 - 13 Sep 2019, 06:35

I once met Jarvis Cocker outside the library in Sheffield. I told him that my house also has woodchip on the wall. He told me to fuck off.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test cron