View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM

Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Forum Statistics

Post #41 - 01 Nov 2019, 22:29

"Got my Speidel wrist around my honey"...Captain Beefheart

Speidel is headquartered in Rhode Island, USA, and is one of many makers of watch bands. Perhaps you wear a wrist watch. If so, when you take it off, measure how wide it is at its widest point. That's the band width.

Archbishop Mick Trotsky of BOQ has ordered all BOQateers to wear watch bands no wider than 0.5 inches - church teaching in humility. Many of the young, with money to spend, have very wide watch bands and this band width is desirable and is a metric for measuring disposable income by people who frequent the inter-tubes. Increasing [watch] band width is a big plus.
Father Hasil Cocteau, SJ;
BOQ Lay Preacher

...before you the wimpled past, behind you the hallooing future...

...Zoom! There goes the gay fuckerteer chasing the tail of light.....

...The habitual myth has an eagerness to quit...

...Visionary Tics Shivering In The Chest...

Post #42 - 01 Dec 2019, 09:03

Connor
Site Admin

Post #43 - 02 Jan 2020, 21:04

Connor
Site Admin

Post #44 - 03 Jan 2020, 00:01

Bandwidth plunges to it's lowest level since April thanks to that miserable bastard mod here.
Mushshrooms
Members

Post #45 - 03 Jan 2020, 08:08

Mushshrooms » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:01 pm wrote:Bandwidth plunges to it's lowest level since April thanks to that miserable bastard mod here.

Bandwidth is at an all time high. April's was in megabytes, not gigabytes.

Mushshrooms warned for failing to interpret the usage statistics correctly.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #46 - 03 Jan 2020, 08:32

dannynomates » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:08 am wrote:
Mushshrooms » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:01 pm wrote:Bandwidth plunges to it's lowest level since April thanks to that miserable bastard mod here.

Dan

You'd better warn me then too because I don't get it. 25.90 GB in June, only 2.30 in December ? :shrug:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #47 - 03 Jan 2020, 08:38

Dan

I said SINCE April, you dumb bastard.
I.E: May onwards!!!! :grrr: :grrr:
Mushshrooms
Members

Post #48 - 03 Jan 2020, 08:40

Mushshrooms » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:38 am wrote:

Dan

Since June would be more accurate, you thick cunt. :wanker:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #49 - 03 Jan 2020, 11:54

Dan

:wanker:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.

Post #50 - 04 Jan 2020, 10:45

routemaster » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:40 am wrote:

Dan

What the fuck has the month of June got to do with anything, you bollockless bus driving boofhead???
Mushshrooms
Members

Post #51 - 04 Jan 2020, 10:59

Mushshrooms » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:45 am wrote:
routemaster » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:40 am wrote:

Dan

What the fuck has the month of June got to do with anything, you bollockless bus driving boofhead???

Mushshrooms warned for excessive profanity.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #52 - 04 Jan 2020, 12:59

Bollock is not particularly profane, Dan.

"The relative severity of the various profanities, as perceived by the British public, was studied on behalf of the Broadcasting Standards Commission, Independent Television Commission, BBC and Advertising Standards Authority. The results of this jointly commissioned research were published in December 2000 in a paper called "Delete Expletives?".[6] This placed "bollocks" in eighth position in terms of its perceived severity, between "prick" (seventh place) and "arsehole" (ninth place)".

Further evidence, it's a very old word - "Bollocks /ˈbɒləks/ is a word of Middle English origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in colloquial British English and Hiberno-English as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless"."

The end part of the latter quote illustrates why it was a particular apt word when talking about Routemaster in any context.

Last bit from the wiki - something I am sure you often use :wanker: - to contextualise the severity of the word -

"A survey of the language of London teenagers (published in 2002) examined, amongst other things, the incidence of various swearwords in their speech. It noted that the top ten swearwords make up 81% of the total swearwords. "Bollocks" was the seventh most frequent swearword, after "fucking", "shit", "fuck", "bloody", "hell" and "fuck off". Below "bollocks" were "bastard", "bitch" and "damn", in eighth, ninth and tenth places.[10] This research regarded these words as swearwords in the context of their usage but noted that some might be inoffensive in other contexts".

Perhaps you might like to log on their and issue some warnings.
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #53 - 04 Jan 2020, 13:24

Sonofsmegma » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:59 am wrote:Bollock is not particularly profane, Dan.

"The relative severity of the various profanities, as perceived by the British public, was studied on behalf of the Broadcasting Standards Commission, Independent Television Commission, BBC and Advertising Standards Authority. The results of this jointly commissioned research were published in December 2000 in a paper called "Delete Expletives?".[6] This placed "bollocks" in eighth position in terms of its perceived severity, between "prick" (seventh place) and "arsehole" (ninth place)".

Further evidence, it's a very old word - "Bollocks /ˈbɒləks/ is a word of Middle English origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in colloquial British English and Hiberno-English as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless"."

The end part of the latter quote illustrates why it was a particular apt word when talking about Routemaster in any context.

Last bit from the wiki - something I am sure you often use :wanker: - to contextualise the severity of the word -

"A survey of the language of London teenagers (published in 2002) examined, amongst other things, the incidence of various swearwords in their speech. It noted that the top ten swearwords make up 81% of the total swearwords. "Bollocks" was the seventh most frequent swearword, after "fucking", "shit", "fuck", "bloody", "hell" and "fuck off". Below "bollocks" were "bastard", "bitch" and "damn", in eighth, ninth and tenth places.[10] This research regarded these words as swearwords in the context of their usage but noted that some might be inoffensive in other contexts".

SonofSmegma warned for excessive profanity.

Dan
dannynomates
Chief Moderator

Post #54 - 04 Jan 2020, 13:45

dannynomates » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:24 pm wrote:
Sonofsmegma » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:59 am wrote:Bollock is not particularly profane, Dan.

SonofSmegma warned for excessive profanity.

Dan

:wanker: :finger:
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #55 - 01 Feb 2020, 10:39

Connor
Site Admin

Post #56 - 01 Feb 2020, 19:39

:banana:
FlowerCake
Members

Neither time nor inclination

Post #57 - 01 Feb 2020, 22:52

Can someone please explain these figures? Especially "bandwidth"? :shrug:
routemaster
Essential Key Worker

Hit after hit! Image

Post #58 - 01 Feb 2020, 22:55

The number of unique visitors - and number of visits - while impressive, are both lower than for the whole of 2019. :D :(

No wonder Connor didn't list the previous years figures immediately above.

We need to do something. Tempted to say string up Routemaster, but I'm not sure that would solve it, no matter what an attractive proposition that seems.

The number of hits has gone up though. Bots?
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family

Post #59 - 01 Feb 2020, 23:41

Bandwidth is the amount of data served by the domain. :huh:
StuckupPercy
Members

Post #60 - 02 Mar 2020, 11:14

Connor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Website Security Test cron