View active topics THE FALL ONLINE FORUM



Forum led by: Connor, Hanley Went To Every Gig, Divveygoodmod, buzzliteyr, Del Boy, dannynomates
 Cherry Red Reissues

Post #1 - 24 May 2019, 14:57

Image

This arrived today together with Live At The Witch Trials. First impressions were good as Dragnet came out first, but then for some unknown reason they've used the shit U.S. sleeve and track listing for Witch Trials. WTF? The labels on Dragnet look like they've been done on a very cheap photocopier; how difficult can it be to to replicate black and white you mutts? Comparing the sound on Dragnet with a Lyntone original reveals one makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck and the other doesn't. I doubt that either will get played again.
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 4712
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: In splendid isolation
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #2 - 24 May 2019, 17:49

Not being funny right, but why buy these things? I only buy CDs but the tracklistings alone made me think twice. The bonus disc for Dragnet contains those shit Voiceprint rip-offs Live at Retford and Live at Los Angeles, no thanks. :wtf:
User avatar
routemaster
Essential Key Worker
 
Posts: 337799
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: Out among the diseased masses
Hit after hit! Image

Southampton 0-9 LCFC - the biggest ever away victory in the 131-year history of the Football League :lcfc:

Post #3 - 24 May 2019, 18:54

routemaster » Fri May 24, 2019 5:49 pm wrote:Not being funny right, but why buy these things? I only buy CDs but the tracklistings alone made me think twice. The bonus disc for Dragnet contains those shit Voiceprint rip-offs Live at Retford and Live at Los Angeles, no thanks. :wtf:

It was a bit of a whim to be honest. I'll think twice next time. :mellow:
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 4712
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: In splendid isolation
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #4 - 25 May 2019, 06:54

Image

You also get these dinky little badges with the first few copies which are going to be a bastard to store with the records.
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 4712
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: In splendid isolation
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #5 - 25 May 2019, 09:02

Can't you store them on your lapels? :wtf:
User avatar
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: 10th Apr 2018
Location: Locked down, for too long...
If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.

Post #6 - 25 May 2019, 09:25

Sonofsmegma » Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 am wrote:Can't you store them on your lapels? :wtf:

They really should be with the records as once separated they'd never get reunited. :mellow:
User avatar
Greasy Roads
Country Member
 
Posts: 4712
Joined: 4th Jan 2018
Location: In splendid isolation
Cogito ergo cogito routemaster cunnus est.

Post #7 - 25 May 2019, 16:40

Fifty quid for a couple of badges, they saw you fucking coming didn't they? :wanker:
User avatar
Joan Con
Members
 
Posts: 88
Joined: 24th Feb 2018

Post #8 - 25 May 2019, 17:57

Dad :wanker: was getting in a tizzy about this earlier.

He was going on, saying how The Smiths said about this sort of thing in Paint a Vulgar Picture in 1987, something about extra tracks and a placcy badge.

Then he started ranting (again :grrr: ), frothing at the mouth, and shouting " ACADEMIC would probably tell you it was Morrissey that said that in 1997! Ah hahaha..."...and he seemed to shuffling in his trousers like he was trying to wrestle something down. :X

What a cunt. :angry:
User avatar
Sonofsmegma
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 3124
Joined: 10th Apr 2018
Location: Locked down, for too long...
If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.

Post #9 - 26 May 2019, 07:34

Sonofsmegma » Sat May 25, 2019 5:57 pm wrote:Dad :wanker: was getting in a tizzy about this earlier.

He was going on, saying how The Smiths said about this sort of thing in Paint a Vulgar Picture in 1987, something about extra tracks and a placcy badge.

Then he started ranting (again :grrr: ), frothing at the mouth, and shouting " ACADEMIC would probably tell you it was Morrissey that said that in 1997! Ah hahaha..."...and he seemed to shuffling in his trousers like he was trying to wrestle something down. :X

What a cunt. :angry:

I should have disciplined you more as a child. :angry:
User avatar
smegma2
The Smegma Family
 
Posts: 60
Joined: 23rd Mar 2018
Location: Away from that cunt of a son
Poncey Elitist.

Post #10 - 26 May 2019, 11:48

smegma2 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:34 am wrote:
Sonofsmegma » Sat May 25, 2019 5:57 pm wrote:Dad :wanker: was getting in a tizzy about this earlier.

He was going on, saying how The Smiths said about this sort of thing in Paint a Vulgar Picture in 1987, something about extra tracks and a placcy badge.

Then he started ranting (again :grrr: ), frothing at the mouth, and shouting " ACADEMIC would probably tell you it was Morrissey that said that in 1997! Ah hahaha..."...and he seemed to shuffling in his trousers like he was trying to wrestle something down. :X

What a cunt. :angry:

I should have disciplined you more as a child. :angry:

Being a tedious cunt is clearly hereditary, at least in your family.
User avatar
academichibernian
Members
 
Posts: 187
Joined: 5th Jan 2018
Etiolated since 2018.

Post #11 - 17 Aug 2019, 22:11

Out in October, here we have a 6cd or 3LP collection of all things 1982, imaginatively titled '1982'. :)

Hex, RTL, retro 7" Look Know, In a Hole, Live in Melbourne, you name it it's here. And absolutely nothing new whatsoever. :clap:

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/the ... cd-boxset/

Image

It's just £39.66 from Amazon, but I will be paying £39.99 to Cherry Red so I get the free badge. B-)

I note at the foot of the Cherry Red page, they've sold out of all Howard Jones box sets for £89.99. He was from Wales. :(
User avatar
Steve70nearly
Members
 
Posts: 224
Joined: 30th Mar 2018
Location: Llamlovli

Post #12 - 17 Aug 2019, 22:51

Steve70nearly » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:11 pm wrote:Out in October, here we have a 6cd or 3LP collection of all things 1982, imaginatively titled '1982'. :)

Hex, RTL, retro 7" Look Know, In a Hole, Live in Melbourne, you name it it's here. And absolutely nothing new whatsoever. :clap:

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/the ... cd-boxset/

Image

It's just £39.66 from Amazon, but I will be paying £39.99 to Cherry Red so I get the free badge. B-)

I note at the foot of the Cherry Red page, they've sold out of all Howard Jones box sets for £89.99. He was from Wales. :(


I've been looking into this in depth, the results of my findings are not impressive. Howard Jones is from Southampton.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: 1st Dec 2017
Location: Locked down in my library

Post #13 - 25 Apr 2020, 15:34

I ordered a couple of Fall badges from Cherry Red, they said they'd throw in a copy of the reissue RPTLC. The theiving cunts haven't sent the record. :grrr:
User avatar
Hanley Went To Every Gig
Members
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 1st Dec 2017
Location: Hove, not fucking Brighton

Post #14 - 25 Apr 2020, 19:48

Hanley Went To Every Gig » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:34 pm wrote:I ordered a couple of Fall badges from Cherry Red, they said they'd throw in a copy of the reissue RPTLC. The theiving cunts haven't sent the record. :grrr:

They sent me the record and an extra badge.

BTW, you spelt "thieving" incorrectly.

Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: 1st Dec 2017
Location: Locked down in my library

Post #15 - 03 May 2020, 20:06

I'm going to hold off on this, I've managed without it so far during lockdown.

Maybe I can score a cut-price copy later on. There are a few bits I'm missing.
User avatar
thesnippedpriestess
Members
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 25th Oct 2018
Location: Tuckham-Le-Hole

Post #16 - 03 May 2020, 20:18

thesnippedpriestess » Sun May 03, 2020 8:06 pm wrote:I'm going to hold off on this, I've managed without it so far during lockdown.

Maybe I can score a cut-price copy later on. There are a few bits I'm missing.

You can buy MP3's of the bonus tracks from Amazon, or better still why not rip them from Youtube?

phpBB [video]


Dan
User avatar
dannynomates
Chief Moderator
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: 1st Dec 2017
Location: Locked down in my library

Post #17 - 03 May 2020, 20:28

dannynomates » Sun May 03, 2020 8:18 pm wrote:
thesnippedpriestess » Sun May 03, 2020 8:06 pm wrote:I'm going to hold off on this, I've managed without it so far during lockdown.

Maybe I can score a cut-price copy later on. There are a few bits I'm missing.

You can buy MP3's of the bonus tracks from Amazon, or better still why not rip them from Youtube?

phpBB [video]


Dan

I never dreamt my missing bits would end up on Amazon.
User avatar
thesnippedpriestess
Members
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 25th Oct 2018
Location: Tuckham-Le-Hole


Return to Fallen Related Discussion

Website Security Test